Monday, May 30, 2011

Container Gardening

Despite the fact the thermometer reads 92 degrees here today, I have been wanting to get the flowers and hanging baskets that we put on our front porch together. It's Memorial Day weekend and that means it's the start of summer and considering the flowers have been out at all of the garden centers since before Mother's Day I felt like I was really beind! Not anymore!

As I was pondering what to do for the baskets and such this year, I came across what Better Homes and Gardens calls "container gardens" in their June edition. Someday when I have a huge porch or deck and tons of room for planters that are as tall as me, I will exactly copy what you see below. Gorogeous, right? I love the way that they look and great a living area on an otherwise plain looking deck.



For now, this is what I came up with. One of my favorite plants in the small lime green one in the front of the pot. It's a sweet potato vine and grows downward into this really beautiful chain like vine. Can't wait to see how it grows over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment