Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Earlier this week I tweeted about the urge I've been feeling to put up one of our many Christmas trees. We put up three trees last year, and let me tell you, those babies do not decorate themselves. So this year I've been thinking... the earlier... the better. Plus, Christmas is the biggest, merriest, and most wonderful holiday of the year for our house. Why not stretch it out as long as possible? I love Christmas!

I have also been thinking about our holiday Christmas cards that need to go out. I've read about the Shutterfly giveaway offer, visited TinyPrints, perused Minted, and looked at tons of Etsy shops and I still haven't settled on a final decision yet, but I know I need to get moving!  I have written many blog posts about my love for all things paper and all things stationery, so I don't know what is wrong with me, but writing this post has put me back in the mindset.

Christmas cards were a big part of the way that my family celebrated the holidays when I was growing up, and I remember running off the bus and heading straight to the mailbox to see which family greeting had arrived in our mailbox that day.

I like to think that there are kids on our Christmas list that do the same thing, so I always try to make our cards personal. Here are some of the contenders for this year:

 First, two from Shutterfly:





And two from Minted:




One thing I have learned from this... I guess I like red cards, but the search continues.

Happy shopping if you are still looking for your cards.

2 comments:

  1. I love those cards! Can't wait to see your THREE trees! I'm hoping we can at least buy a second tree this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some cute cards! I love looking through the designs and then mocking them up with our pictures. :) I found mine at Costco this year and they're sitting on my kitchen table, waiting to get addressed. I need to get going!

    ReplyDelete