Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Sister's Keeper

I'm a bit behind the ball okay, okay more like five years behind the ball on My Sister's Keeper but I've had other books I wanted to get through first, and somehow I kept putting the book to the bottom of the stack. I finally put my nose to the grindstone, and finished My Sister's Keeper this weekend.

Wow.

What a story.

I cried almost the whole way through the book. And I was on a plane. With strangers. Who thought I was nuts for being fine one minute and crying the next. The story took me back to when my dad was sick, and I just couldn't help but connect with the family and the story.

I haven't yet seen the movie, but I've heard that they changed the ending. Should I see it?

1 comment:

  1. I ADORED the book...and was so excited they were making a movie, but then they changed the ending and it wasn't near as poignant. I say see it, but realize it won't be the same as the book...

    ReplyDelete