Friday, April 30, 2010

The Kentucky Derby

I know very little about horse racing. My experience with the sport consists of nothing more than watching the big three races (Belmont, Kentucky, and Preakness-- aren't you impressed that I can name all three?) from the comfort of my living room each year, and one episode of Undercover Boss when the featured organization happened to be Churchill Downs. Basically, my experience is limited.

But, that doesn't put a damper on my desire to host a Kentucky Derby party.

Every.Single Year.

For the record, we have never hosted a Kentucky Derby party. But mark my words, someday I will start the planning process more than one hour before the race earlier, and it will be a grand old time. Someday.

But for now, I will have a virtual party on my blog filled with all of the flashiness of the day.

Mint Julep, anyone? I've never had one. Are they even good?

Huge hats in the grandstands. Hats would be required at the party of course.

Fun whimsical stationery. Again, the bigger the hat, the better!

Love it all. Have a great weekend! And cheers to fast horses!

3 comments:

  1. Well I might just have to make one this weekend then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to one of those parties - because of the hats!

    ReplyDelete