Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend is always such a wonderful, yet sad time of year for me.

It's sad because it marks one of the last true weekends of summer and the shift towards shorter days with darker mornings--- sure makes it harder to get out of bed, doesn't it?

But, at the same time, it brings crisp cool air, light jackets, pumpkins, fall leaves, harvest festivals, and a cozy time before the bleh of northeaster winters.

So this past weekend I was determined to make the most of every possible second and spend time outside enjoying the cooler temps and sunny skies. MrMarried and I went for a 21 mile (!) bike ride on Sunday.... which is certainly the furthest I've ever gone on a bike, but I enjoyed every second of my time with him.

We saw some gorgeous sites along the ride, and it really put me in the mood for fall. Can't wait!


4 comments:

  1. 21 miles, that's impressive! Beautiful pictures, I'm looking forward to fall as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed by the length of your bike ride. Sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, but a 21 mile bike ride might have killed me.

    ReplyDelete