Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quick Layoff Update

For those of you that may not know the whole story (and that's many of you since this blog JUST went public- please feel free to read the back story on why I am even writing a post about layoffs- here. But, for those of you that follow me on Twitter, you may know a little bit about the story already.

Well, there has been a small update. Meaning-- the company may be keeping me. As I wrote earlier, I am part of a transition team that is in place for the month of January. My role is to transition my work to the new marketing team so they can learn the ropes of what we do and take over everything on 1/31/2010. Things have been going well with the transition, but, everything is moving much more slowly than we anticipated. At this point it looks like the new team may need to keep me on staff for an extended period. Great, right? The problem is they have no clue how long they need me. I'm trying to keep my sanity and move forward with my job search considering I may not have a job after 1/31, but on the other hand I am told that I may stay on staff indefinitely. I'm just confused because less than a month ago I felt as though my world was crumbling with the news that I was being laid off, and now they are telling me that they may want me to continue to work for the company after all. Sound confusing? Trust me, it is!

I will likely have some answers by the end of the week, and will hopefully at least know if I need to continue full steam ahead with a new job search, or if I can hit the brakes for a while, finish out my role with this company, and then look for another job elsewhere. For now, it's a waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment