Friday, January 15, 2010

The Start of Something BIG!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time, and figured that based on the current phase of my life that I'm in, now would be a perfect time. So, ta da... a blog is born! I plan to make this a space for thoughts, life updates, recipes, and just adventures in being a newlywed (yes, I just got married about 3 months ago, and I'm in love with being a newlywed!)

It's a perfect time to start a blog because I have been forced to do a bit of soul-searching lately, and I truly feel as though I'm standing at a starting line.... but it's a starting line that I'm excited about!

Well, I might as well lay it all out on the table. I was laid off earlier this month. Well, kind of. The company I was working for was forced into reorganization, and about 25 people were told they would be losing their jobs. I was part of the company's marketing team, and since my team is the only division being completely eliminated, we have been asked to stay on until the end of January to help with the transition. So, I will be officially laid off on January 31st.

I was shocked, and completely blindsided, but I believe that when one door closes, another opens. I have been able to think and reflect about the situation for a few days, and I truly think this is something that will be great for me. I will certainly be blogging about the job search.

So, thanks for being here. I hope that we can connect, share some ideas, and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment