Thursday, June 24, 2010

An Epic Reading Fail

I haven't been shy about my love for audio books, and I've even divulged my little scheme to get them dirt cheap, or a special technique to MAKE money on the audio books.

Recently, I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like scheming to get my audio books for pennies, and wandered into the local library, which I pass almost 3-4 times a week, and embarrassingly haven't visited or supported in the year and a half that I've lived in the community. Oops.

I was in a  bit of a hurry so I quickly headed over to the audio book section and found what I thought would be an interesting title. My excellent (HA!) skimming skills told me that the book was something about stories from women under 25 about life, love, and getting through it all in one piece. Comedy mixed in. Light, easy listening. Perfect for the car ride to and from work. 

Oh. Was. I. Wrong.

This is what I actually picked up....


Somehow I missed the part about "midlife" and "Women over Forty". Both descriptors were in the title. FAIL. Not exactly my demographic.

I will be returning the book promptly. As in, after work tonight. Hopefully my 2nd trip to the library will result in me coming home with something I actually want to read/listen to. Hey, at least I made it into the library. Baby steps, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I LOVE the library. Love, love, love :)

    Can you search the catalog online and put holds on books at other libraries? There are so many books that my branch doesn't have, and I can put a hold on up to 5 at a time, and they get trucked from whatever other branch they are at to my branch, and I get an email when they're at my branch to be picked up. Really makes it easier to find books I truly want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so funny!!!

    My husband LOVES audio books from the library. But you put one of those puppies on and I fall asleep in about two minutes. Even if the book is really good!

    ReplyDelete