Monday, February 8, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

One of my new blogger friends, Mrs. Jones, at A Real Life Wife made my week last Saturday by giving me the Beautiful Blogger award. I wanted to write a post about it sooner, but we had a little bit of snow *cough 18 inches cough cough* and I didn't really get around to writing about it. So, today is the day!

And now for the fun stuff... Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and insert a link to their blog. (Done!)
2. Pass on the award to about 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are great! (Wow, I honestly don't know if I know that many bloggers.)
3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award. (Soon to be done.)
4. Say 7 things about yourself. (Done, see below!)

Wow! 15? I definitely don't have 15 blogger friends since I am still quite new to the blogging world, and since Mrs. Jones and I blog and tweet with many of the same people, the list becomes even smaller...I may have to get back to you all on the rest of the list. Here is just one for now:

@GracieBethPSP at The Engineer in... Heels and Pearls  (thanks for the fun conversation about Superbowl commercials last night!)

I would have certainly also awarded @kbrenckle, @lawschoolwife, and @areallifewife with this lovely honor had it crossed my path first. Thanks for being great twitter friends, ladies!

Now, I suppose I need to tell you seven things about me. In no particular order...

1. I'm a grass roots "save the earth" type person. Even though I won't be marching on Washington for climate change reform any time soon, I do try to do my part. Before my office recycled, I used to haul home all of the recyclable cans and bottles people drank each week, and put them on my own curb (with a free beverage fridge at work if was almost a full garbage bag a week). I also won't go to the grocery store if I don't have my cloth grocery bags.

2. One of my favorite sounds in world is the sound of bare feet on tile floor. I can't explain it.

3. My husband wants a dog, (a Lab or German Shepard) and I'm totally dragging my feet about getting one.

4. Wedding planning was really easy for me. I have lots of friends who are engaged and planning and all they do it complain about how hard it is.  I enjoyed every second so you won't get much sympathy from me, sister. I will listen though and provide any help I can!

5. I'm an only child, but truly do wish I had a brother or a sister.

6. My parents love to tell a story about how I played the clarinet in elementary school. My instructor told them that I hated it, and that I used to skip my lessons and just wander around the school until the lesson was over.

7. I'm not great with proofreading. It has a lot to do with the speed in which I work. I like to write something and just hit publish because I'm excited to get it out there. Therefore, you will likely see typos on this blog. OFTEN. I'm sorry. It's not that I don't respect your time and I don't care enough to proofread. It's just how I am. I'm working on it. Regardless, I'm so happy I started my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment