Saturday, February 27, 2010

Delicious Dinners: Bruschetta and Cheese Stuffed Chicken

I wanted to share this recipe with you because I have made it half a dozen times and every single time.. it's a hit! My husband and I don't really care for traditional Thankgiving stuffing because we both think it is kind of tasteless (I know, it's totally un-American to not like stuffing... please don't hate us).

The funny part is everytime I make this meal and my husband sees me with a box of stuffing, he (without fail) reminds me that he doesn't like it. To which I respond, "I know my love. However, I have made this before and you love it." And he always eats eveything I put on his plate and asks for seconds. Ha! Take that. Now... if I could only get him to eat broccolli... Anyway, I digress.

This meal truly is easy to make, and prep only takes about 10 minutes. I love it for week nights because it's one of those meals that I can start as soon as I get in the door and then forget about it for 45 minutes while I change my clothes, open the mail, and say hello to my husband.

I found it on the Kraft Foods website, so I thank those lovely people for their creativity. Without further adieu, here we go:
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/4 cups Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts-- I halved this receipe for us and used 4 breast which was a little over a pound of chicken
1/3 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing-- if you can't find this, just use an Italian dressing- and some extra pepper or red pepper flakes to give the dish a bit of seasoninb

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.

2. Mix tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and basil in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.

3. Place 2 chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound with meat mallet until chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Remove from bag; place, top-sides down, on cutting board. Repeat with remaining chicken. Spread chicken with stuffing mixture. Starting at 1 narrow end, tightly roll up each breast. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with dressing.

4. Bake 40 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.


That's it! Four steps. Not bad, right? Like I said, this is a great "prep it and forget it" meal because once it's in the oven you really don't have much else to do. I hope you enjoy it and much as we have. Let me know if you try it and how it goes. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment