Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Oh Canada, the True North Strong and Free"

Oh how I love the Olympics! The pictures that I have seen from Vancouver are breathtaking, and I have added it to the "Places MrMarried and I Must Visit" list. And how about the Canadian National Anthem? I love it. I almost wrote out the full song as the title of this blog post, but I thought that would be overkill.

Now, don't get me wrong I am one the most patriotic Americans that you will ever meet, however, I just love that the Canadians have a national anthem that the average person can actually sing. The US national anthem isn't exactly easy to sing, (and sing well).

Anyway... On Friday night MrMarried and I snuggled up on the couch to watch the opening ceremony, watch the nations parade into the stadium, and cheer for the USA. When Team USA entered and had these little babies on, I about fell off the couch:



How cute are these hats?! I was on a mission to buy one and wear it when we get our next snow storm- which in case you didn't hear, we get a LOT of snow around here these days. But, I unfortunately found out that they are a cool $75, and I quickly decided that there are much better ways to spend 75 bucks.

Instead, I will just watch and cheer without a moose hat for the remainder of the Olympics. Sigh. Okay, I am kidding, I will be fine without one. I think...ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment