Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Solutions Wednesday: Making Laundry More Pleasant

Since I'm new to the world of blogging, (and a HUGE thank you goes out to the people who have encouraged me to start writing, and have given me feedback to keep me going) I'm still discovering what type of writing schedule works best for me.

For instance, should I go with Menu Mondays, Book Review Tuesdays, Home Renovation Thursdays, and so on? Or, does a "post when I find something interesting" mentality work better for me? The jury is still out on this, but suffice it to say that I'm thinking about the best way to organize my blog and hope to have something a bit more concrete soon.

But... for now, it is Wednesday, and I have found some things I thought would be a solution of interest to many of you- so.. ta da...we have Solutions Wednesday! Today's solution was inspired by a Real Simple newsletter I received on the topic of laundry gadgets. And, I don't know about you, but I love something that can make laundry easier, especially since my husband can make about this much laundry in about 2 days-- no joke.


First up, The JABBA drying hanger from Ikea. How cute are these? And for $4.99? I love it. No, these aren't crazy looking chandeliers, but are instead drying racks for dedicates. So functional and stylish too. I don't know about you, but I could use some color in my laundry room!

Second on the list, stackable baskets. Very self explanatory... and yes, I realize these are not earth shattering. However, I must ask the question-- Why did I not know that these existed before today? I could make excellent use of these!



And last but not least, from one of my favorite organizational stores on earth-- The Container Store, I give you the Reisenthel Loop Laundry Bag. Its a bit of a splurge for a laundry bag at $49, but for how many uses I would be able to get out of this stylish tote... I think that it might pay for itself.


Laundry is not one of my most favorite things to do, but just like everything that is less than a blast, (and I can totally hear Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods saying this)... With fun accessories, even the most boring job can turn out better. Ha! I can't believe I just typed that... but, I honestly believe it.

Do you have any laundry accessories that you swear by? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment